The world of tourism marketing is in constant motion, evolving to adapt to travelers’ wants; and the stats say they want just that: motion. Video consumption is on the rise, and so are the conversions that come with it.
- Youtube says that video consumption increases by 100% every year
- According to Facebook, video views per day doubled from 4 to 8 billion in 2016
- An expected estimate of 74% of all internet traffic will be video in 2017
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but a video is the equivalent of 1.8 million words when trying to reach your target audience in the sea of digital content surrounding them. Virtual reality, 360° video and live video streaming are some of the biggest travel marketing trends for 2017, because a video is easier for the information-overloaded viewer to process.
Tourists are increasingly turning to videos when researching potential travel destinations to visit. Naturally, utilizing video marketing not only gives the traveler a more enjoyable online experience, it also is strategically beneficial for the destination. Again, the stats say it all:
- Email videos lead to 200-300% increased click-through rates
- Conversions increase by roughly 80% when you include a video on a landing page
- More than 60% of users are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video
For obvious reasons, video is becoming a critical component for marketing. We at BBG&G Advertising are already riding the train, and we encourage you to climb aboard! Give us a call today, and we’ll happily help you on your way to success.